Thursday, April 18, 2019

Manchester United FC

Last weekend I was fortunate to get some disabled tickets to see West ham v Manchester United FC. My husband Nath is a huge West Ham fan and I must admit I now love going to see West Ham play. The crowds and fans are so good, the atmosphere has a real buzz!

We purchased the disabled tickets via West Ham's disabled ticket hotline and tickets arrived the next day. Before we travel anywhere I always like to research transport, access  facilities and parking so I know what to expect. It looked like Manchester United Football Ground had thought about disabled people and access and it was obviously clear they had as soon as we got to Manchester United. Yay!

Upon arriving staff came up to us to direct us to the disabled entrance and once we showed our tickets and got through we were shown to a special designated area for disabled people. The special area was to keep warm before the match, watch football & have food and drinks. We arrived at 430pm for a 530pm kick off, to allow plenty of time for crowds, etc.

The staff serving drinks and food in the special disabled drinks and cafe area were really helpful with drinks and it was great to see the low counter for my wheelchair. They helped to get me straws (I now need to use a straw when drinking a pint!).We arrived just before 4.30pm so we made it just in time for Happy Hour beers from 3.30pm-4.30pm. Bonus!

I was really pleased to see so many disabled toilets there that were clean and had lots of space for me to transfer. It gave me piece of mind and made our trip run so smoothly knowing toilets were so near to our seats and that there was so many. Toilets in public places, or when we go out often determine where we go, so it was so great to see.

We took to our match seats at 5.15pm. As we were the away team our seats were the third ramp up but really close to the front, just to the left of the goal. There was plenty of space to move around and a seat for my husband Nath next to me. We could now join in with the West Ham fans and sing 'I'm forever blowing bubbles!'

Unfortunately West Ham lost 2-1, but we didn't deserve to! I'm not a sore loser or biased but if you watch match of the day you'll see what I mean! We had a fantastic day out at the football as the disabled access, staff and service were so good it was stress free. It was great to see how Manchester United had thought about disabled people and access.

Thank you Manchester United. Brilliant disabled access, wheelchair accessible seating was fantastic and disabled toilets were great. All staff so very helpful too.

Judith Smale
Cumbria, UK

On Instagram:

#judith_wheel_travel  #feckitbookit #maketheimpossiblepossible

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pryzm, Kingston - Gary Barlow Live!

After 2 years of no concerts, there was only one person that I wanted to see live first and that was Gary Barlow! I finally make the decisio...