Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Take That Greatest Hits Live Tour, Glasgow, SSE Hydro, 18 & 19 April 2019






Everytime Take That announce they are going back on tour, I am literally like a teenager again! I first started to like them in 1992. I spent a lot of time in hospital in early 1993 and it was my new interest in Take That that got me through it. Since 1993 I have followed them around the country and absolutely love seeing them live. Getting disabled wheelchair tickets is not easy as a lot of venues still use a telephone booking line, so it's constantly engaged! Anyway, I was lucky enough to get tickets for the Thursday and Friday nights in Glasgow, for the 'Take That Greatest Hits Live Tour', with the help from my sister Jean and some Irish friends.  Great team work! I was busy trying for other venues!!

On Thursday I travelled to Glasgow via Virgin Trains with my husband Nathan and his friend Stuart and son Leighton. I booked wheelchair assistance via Virgin Journey Care, so at all stations I was met with the wheelchair ramps & the disabled area of the train was reserved for my wheelchair and my party. I always find Virgin Trains staff so welcoming, helpful and they provide first class service, so I do not worry when travelling by trains. It's so easy!

We decided to stay at the Grand Central Hotel in Glasgow train station, as they had disabled rooms with a walk-in shower. We also stayed there for the convenience of getting to and from the concert via train, so we didn't get stuck in traffic with the huge crowds! The hotel was lovely, check-in was fast and the disabled room was spacious, with a good wheelchair accessible bathroom.

We took the train from Glasgow Central train station to the local SSE Hydro train station, (the concert venue), which took 5-10 minutes & was very fast. There were lifts down to the platform. It was a short walk from that station to the actual venue. Very smooth to do!

On the first night we had disabled seats on Level 2 and on the second night Level 1. Level 2 was higher up, but still a good view of both the main stage and the B stage. Level 1 seats view (even though at the back of the floor, as it's a tiny venue), view was amazing. We were so close to the B stage that Take That were literally several rows in front. The view of Gary Barlow  - omg!!! There were disabled toilets behind the wheelchair seating, so this was perfect.

Take That were absolutely fantastic. The second night I went with my sister Jean and best friend Susan. We danced and sang for two hours and had the time of our lives, being taken back to our youth. We have seen them for 26 years now and they really are a truly amazing band to see perform live. My husband is obviously a new fan ,but he really enjoyed it too. Take That Greatest Hits Live Tour is fantastic and I'm already looking forward to seeing them again on Saturday in Manchester!

So in terms of an accessible music venue I would definitely recommend the SSE Hydro in Glasgow. Disabled tickets still have to bought over the phone, but if lucky enough to get them, then any wheelchair user will not be disappointed by the view, disabled access and good size disabled toilets .

Thank you SSE Hydro and Take That. It's two nights I will never forget!!

Judith, Cumbria 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pryzm, Kingston - Gary Barlow Live!

After 2 years of no concerts, there was only one person that I wanted to see live first and that was Gary Barlow! I finally make the decisio...